Christopher Copenhaver, M.D.
I initially moved to North Carolina to attend medical school at The University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. After completing my allergy training at the University of Wisconsin and practicing back in my home state of Pennsylvania for 5 years, my family and I were excited to move back to North Carolina in 2009.
My interest in treating allergies and asthma stems from my personal experience as a patient. I have experienced firsthand the great improvement in quality of life patients have with proper treatment of their allergies and asthma. I believe that patient education and involving patients in making decisions are key components of medical care. By listening to patients and families, I work with them to develop an individualized treatment plan.
I care for patients of all ages for a range of allergic diseases and have particular interest in asthma, allergies, sinusitis and bee sting allergy. Outside of work, I enjoy mountain biking and hiking with my wife, who is a local family doctor, and our 3 children.
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Pediatrics , University of Rochester Children's Hospital at Strong
- Residency University of Rochester Children's Hospital at Strong, Pediatrics and Chief Resident of Ambulatory Services
- University of Wisconsin
- Diplomat American Board of Pediatrics
- Diplomat American Board of Allergy & Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American Medical Association
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Buncombe County Medical Society
- Alignment Health Plan
- Ambetter NC
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Apex Health
- BCBS of NC
- Bright Health
- Care Partners PACE
- Cigna Health Spring
- Crescent Health Solutions
- Friday Health Plans
- HealthTeam Advantage
- Liberty Advantage
- Mission Health Partners (ACO)
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Prime Health Services
- Pruitt Health Premier
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- UHC Community Plan