Your Allergy Partners allergist will consider your complete medical history and test results to determine if allergy medications would be an effective component of your personalized treatment plan.
Common allergy medication treatments include decongestants and antihistamines, which help to reduce congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itching. Another common form of treatment is nasal corticosteroids, which address inflammation in your nose. Other medicines work by blocking the chemicals responsible for producing an allergic response. Common treatments utilized include:
- Antihistamines – These can help reduce a runny nose, sneezing, and itching.
- Decongestants – This medication helps relieve nasal congestion caused by allergies.
- Leukotriene modifiers – These medications can help with both allergy and mild asthma symptoms.
- Nasal corticosteroids – These are effective in treating inflammation in the nose.
- Nasal antihistamines – These are effective in treating nasal congestion and runny nose.
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots) – Specific allergy shots are administered as a long-term treatment option that can help reduce or eliminate the need for other medications.
No one should have to live with persistent allergy symptoms. Our team is here to help you find relief so that you can enjoy your life without the constant discomfort of allergies, and we will work with you to determine which medications and treatments are best for you.
Four Steps to Relief
Planning Your First Visit
Schedule an appointment at your local office and fill out our pre-registration and medical history forms to help minimize any wait time when you arrive.
Your First Visit
Your initial visit will last between two and three hours and consist of an initial consultation, evaluation, and comprehensive exam. We’ll create a treatment plan tailored to your unique needs.
Diagnostics and Testing
We may complete one or more tests to better understand the cause of your symptoms. Common tests include skin testing, pulmonary testing, and blood testing.
Following the evaluation and testing, we’ll provide a comprehensive diagnosis and implement a personalized treatment plan that will deliver relief.