Sheeba K. Cherian, M.D.
Dr. Cherian’s passion for Allergy and Immunology stems from her dedication to treating complex diseases in pursuit of a better quality of life for her patients. Her philosophy of medicine is to proactively promote good health and prevent illness. Her approach with patients is one of shared decision-making. Open communication is important, and she encourages families to email her with questions and photos to help ensure a correct and prompt diagnosis. Her goal in every visit is to make an effective treatment plan that is backed by scientific evidence while practical for everyday life.
Dr. Cherian was born and raised in Oklahoma where she graduated high school from the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics. She completed medical school in the accelerated 6-year B.A./M.D. program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She completed her pediatric residency at the University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School and pursued further training in adult and pediatric Allergy and Immunology at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
In her professional career, she has authored many peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, and articles. She is dedicated to life-long learning and the advancement of medicine through clinical research. She has received awards recognizing her humanism in medicine, and she has served in legislative advocacy organizations where her work has ensured that vulnerable populations have access to quality healthcare.
Away from the office, you may find Dr. Cherian traveling with her husband, cooking with her large extended-family, avidly reading books, volunteering in her church, or anywhere in nature. She is always looking for your recommendations on good books, beautiful hiking spots, and great restaurants!
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- University of Kansas School of Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Allergy and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Clinical Immunology Society
- Baylor Scott & White Health Plan
- Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Friday Health Plans
- Genesis Physicians Group
- Parkland Community Health Plan
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Pediatric Subspecialty Network
- Prime Health Services
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Healthcare