Robert A. Sullivan, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Bob Sullivan is a native of Vienna, VA and grew up in Atlanta, GA. He attended Emory University and received his BS degree from the Honors College at the University of South Carolina in 1989. He received his MD degree with honors from USC School of Medicine in Columbia, SC in 1993.
After completing his pediatric residency at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in 1997, he joined F. Read Hopkins Pediatrics along with his wife, Dr. Stephanie Sullivan. After nearly 20 years of caring for babies and children in the greater Lynchburg community, Dr. Bob Sullivan decided to focus his attention and gain additional training in Asthma, Allergy and Clinical Immunology. He completed his fellowship at the University of Virginia Medical Center in 2018.
Dr. Sullivan has two children. He summited Mount Everest in 2012. In 2014, he became the first native Virginian to complete “the 7 summits” by climbing and summiting each of the continental high points. His interests include mountaineering, hiking, federal and revolutionary war history, bird hunting and fishing.
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, Columbia, SC
- General Surgery , University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Pediatrics , Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- University of Virginia
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology - Diplomat
- American Board of Pediatrics - Diplomat
- Member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the Lynchburg Academy of Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow of the American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
- Active member of the Lynchburg Morning Rotary Club
- Aetna Better Health
- Anthem BCBS
- Central Virginia Quality Care Network
- Lifeworks Advantage
- Optima Health (Sentara)
- Oscar Health
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- Prime Health Services
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Premier