Nicholas Klaiber, M.D.
Dr. Klaiber is a double board-certified physician who grew up in a small town about 30 miles north of New Haven Connecticut. He was first drawn to the study of Allergy and Immunology as an undergraduate student.
“I was intrigued by the fact that we all possess this immensely complex network of cells constantly working behind the scenes to stave off infection.”
Dr. Klaiber earned his M.D. from Eastern Virginia Medical School and completed his pediatric post-graduate residency training at VCU Medical Center in Richmond. He remained at VCU to complete his Allergy Immunology fellowship. He enjoys treating both Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Immunology patients. Dr. Klaiber also has experience using oral immunotherapy (OIT) to treat food allergies.
“Over the course of my fellowship I was fortunate to have several excellent clinical mentors. Working closely with these individuals allowed me to gain firsthand experience both with rare disorders such as Mastocytosis and HAE, in addition to providing regular exposure to more common diseases, like eczema, food allergy, asthma, allergic rhinitis, CVID and chronic hives.”
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Pediatrics , Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- Aetna Better Health
- Anthem BCBS
- Cigna HealthSpring
- Johns Hopkins
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lifeworks Advantage
- Mary Washington Health Alliance
- Molina Complete Care - Formerly Magellan
- Oscar Health
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Prime Health Services
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Health Care