Loren Hunt, M.D.
Dr. Hunt attended medical school at Indiana University and completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Mayo Clinic. He completed fellowships in Pulmonary Disease, Allergy, and Critical Care at Duke University and later, an additional fellowship on Allergic Disease and Immunology at the Mayo Clinic. He was the founder of Athens Pulmonary and served on the medical staff at the Mayo Clinic for 14 years in the Department of Allergy, Clinical Immunology, and Immunodeficiency.
During this time, he served as the Clinical Practice Chair in the Allergy Division and Chairman of the Mayo Clinic Latex Allergy Task force. Dr. Hunt received the Outstanding Clinician Award in 2000. He was also a member of the First National Asthma Task Force in 1998 that developed the National Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatments of Asthma.
During his tenure at the Mayo Clinic, he directed numerous clinical research investigations in allergic rhinitis, asthma mechanisms and allergic challenge models, asthma epidemiology, latex allergy, and also developed new and novel treatments for asthma. He has authored numerous publications in major allergy and respiratory disease journals.
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Mayo Clinic
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- The National Board of Clinical Medicine, Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- The National Board of Physicians and Surgeons
- BCBS of GA
- Clover Health
- Evolutions HealthCare Systems
- First Health/Coventry
- Friday Health Plans
- Galaxy Health Network
- Kaiser Permanente
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Peach State Health Plan
- Prime Health Services
- PruittHealth Premier
- Today's Options
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Health Care