Jonathon Posthumus, M.D.
Dr. Posthumus and his wife are originally from northern New Jersey and moved to Virginia in 2007, and recently welcomed a baby girl into their family. Their unusual last name is common in the Netherlands, and his ancestors like many other Dutch immigrants, originally settled in the Hudson River Valley.
“My passion for allergy and immunology began during my medical training as I grappled with my usual symptoms of itchy, watery eyes and severe nasal congestion keeping me from enjoying the outdoors.” Also afflicted with asthma since an early age, his firsthand experiences has helped to augment his medical education allowing him to provide comprehensive, compassionate care to people who suffer from similar ailments.
“Communication is essential in determining an individualized treatment plan, and I pride myself on being a good listener.” Dr. Posthumus is able to provide superior allergy and immunology care by understanding his patients’ concerns and using that information to focus testing and implement the most effective treatment plan aimed at relieving symptoms.
Since coming to Virginia for his medical training, he and his wife decided to settle in the Commonwealth. Fredericksburg’s proximity to the beaches, mountains, and numerous metropolitan regions makes it an ideal location for enthusiasts of the outdoors, culture, and history.
“As a member of the community, I promise to commit myself to allow my patients to enjoy everything this great state has to offer.”
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Internal Medicine , University of Virginia
- University of Virginia
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Aetna Better Health
- Anthem BCBS
- Cigna HealthSpring
- Johns Hopkins
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lifeworks Advantage
- Mary Washington Health Alliance
- Molina Complete Care - Formerly Magellan
- Oscar Health
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Prime Health Services
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Health Care