Gary Rakes, M.D.
“It’s great to be an allergy and asthma doctor. I’m always confident I can help my patients improve their quality of life.”
The Charlottesville area is a special place to work, live, and raise a family. Dr. Rakes has lived here for nearly 40 years, including all his professional training at the University of Virginia (undergraduate, medical, pediatric residency, and allergy fellowship).
Dr. Rakes and his wife Beverly married right after they both graduated from UVA, and they have three adult children and one grandson.
He enjoys family time, hiking, dog walking, biking, disc golf, all things computer and technology, and fixing things that are broken.
- University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Pediatric Medicine , University of Virginia Health Sciences Center
- University of Virginia
- Allergy Board of Allergy & Immunology
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Anthem BCBS
- Martha Jefferson
- Molina Complete Care
- Oscar Health
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- Prime Health Services
- Sentara Quality Care Network
- United Health Care
- Virginia Premier