Duane Keitel, M.D.
My interest in Allergy and Immunology started in college when I was selected for a summer research fellowship at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. For several summers, I participated in research projects involving T cell immunobiology. After completing medical school and residency, specialization in the field of Allergy and Immunology was the right fit to implement my knowledge and interests into clinical practice to help patients.
I have practiced since 2003 in Northern Kentucky. There have been multiple new developments in caring for patients with allergies and asthma during my career. Particularly in recent years, several treatments for allergic disorders known as monoclonal antibodies or “biologics” have been approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration) targeting those molecules of the immune system I was learning about two decades ago.
I was born and spent my childhood in Indiana. Having lived in Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Tennessee, the impact of allergies on the quality of life has been evident. Being able to partner with patients to help improve living with allergic disorders has been the right medical specialization choice for me. I have been blessed to be recognized by the local medical community as a Top Doc of Allergy and Immunology in Cincinnati Magazine each year.
- Indiana University
- Wake Forest University
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- American Board of Allergy & Immunology
- The American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, fellow
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, fellow
- Allergy Partners, PLLC, Clinical Governance Board Director
- Aetna Better Health
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Passport Health Plan by Molina
- Prime Health Services
- Signature Advantage
- St. Elizabeth Physicians Network
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Health Care