Pathway to Relief
Your Personalized Journey to Relief
Allergies can be incredibly disruptive and unpleasant to live with, but there is hope for relief! Allergy Partners helps you find the most effective treatments to alleviate your symptoms so you can go back to living life fully and comfortably. Our team of experienced professionals is always looking for ways to provide you with the best care possible, ensuring that you can get back on track as soon as is safely possible.
Don’t simply live with allergy and asthma symptoms that keep you from enjoying the things you love in life. Let us work with you to develop a complete and personalized treatment plan that delivers the relief you need. Our four-step Pathway to Care is a seamless process that helps you quickly and easily find solutions and feel better.
Step 1) Planning Your First Visit
Find your location and request an appointment at your local office to meet with our expert allergists/immunologists and health care providers who will partner with you to deliver relief from your allergy and asthma symptoms.
For a convenient and seamless experience, we also utilize the latest and most secure patient intake and patient portal platforms available. Once you request an appointment, be on the lookout for an invitation from your practice to complete pre-registration and medical history forms.
Step 2) Your First Visit
During your initial consultation and evaluation, we will take the time to truly listen to you, as we assess your symptoms, their impact on your overall quality of life, and your goals. We will then conduct a comprehensive physical exam and consider your complete medical history. This thorough consultation allows us to create a treatment plan tailored to your unique needs and health goals.
For your first visit, please:
- Arrive 15 minutes early to ensure that all necessary forms are complete.
- Bring your insurance cards and photo ID.
- Wear loose clothing to allow for a full examination of your back, chest, arms, and legs, as well as for testing.
- Refrain from taking any antihistamine medications for approximately one week before your appointment. This is very important, as these medications will interfere with many testing procedures. View our Patient Resources Center for a complete Antihistamine Avoidance list. All asthma medications may be continued as directed.
Based on your history and physical exam, your physician may complete one or more tests – during the same visit whenever possible – specifically selected to better understand the cause of your symptoms. Combined with your medical history, accurate testing ensures the most effective treatment possible.
Our comprehensive tests are designed to assess the root cause of your symptoms quickly and accurately with minimal discomfort. The most common testing options include:
- Skin testing: Placing a drop of a suspected allergen on the skin or injecting a small amount under the skin to assess for an allergy.
- Pulmonary function testing: Lung function testing that includes breathing into an instrument known as a spirometer to assess for conditions such as asthma.
- Blood testing: Depending on your history, we may recommend blood testing to assess for a variety of conditions, including allergy, immune deficiency, or rare disorders such as hereditary angioedema.
With a complete diagnosis, we will implement a personalized treatment plan based on our deep experience in treating allergies, asthma, and other allergic diseases. Treatment options include avoidance of allergic triggers, medications, and immunotherapy. Each treatment plan is designed for the individual patient – you – to provide the relief you are looking for and help you live life to the fullest.
Finally, when you see an Allergy Partners physician, not only are you seeing an expert, you are also accessing a national network of allergists and immunologists who work together to develop the best treatment possible, even for the most challenging of cases.