Location: Asheville, NC
POSITION: Medical Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates patient care with physician, assists physician with assessment, gives medication pursuant to physician order and assists with administrative duties that further patient care including scribe. Perform all functions of front office and IT room.
- High school diploma required
- CMA or RMA certificate required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience in clinical assisting
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software, Excel and EMR
- Good communication skills
- Neat, professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patient and explains processes, and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician when requested.
- Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record in EMR.
- Calls in or E-scribes prescriptions as ordered by physician or other provider.
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code kit, suction, etc.
- Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
- Cross-trained to perform all IT room duties.
- Helps cross train all staff in miscellaneous duties.
- Cross-trained to perform all duties of the front administrative staff including scheduling, billing, phones, etc.
- Runs and completes recall report and missing encounter report monthly.
- Assists with scanning documentation into EMR.
- Performs all reminder calls and documents in CPS and EMR.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Follow all Allergy Partners and specific Hub policies and procedures.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager or physician.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Karen Murdock
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 828-255-3749
State : NC
City : Asheville
Job ID : 3957