Location: Asheville, NC
POSITION: Billing Office Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees operations related to payor reimbursement and patient collections.
- High school degree or Associates degree required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- One to two years of experience in billing and accounts receivable
- Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
- Knowledge of AP required software including Centricity, EMR, and Sure Shot
- Proven knowledge of CPT and ICD coding
- Understanding of managed care contractual and non-contractual arrangements
- Internal knowledge of the accounts receivable process
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A “can-do” attitude, shows initiative and willingness to adopt change
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains Pending Management Approval accounts
- Maintains knowledge of the operational details of all key positions in the business office- these include insurance claim processing, payment posting, insurance claim follow up, and patient collections
- Meets with Assistant Manager weekly to analyze accounts receivable reports, days in receivable, and collection statistics by payor; prepares or presents data to physicians when asked
- Monitors patient adherence to budget plan agreements- intervenes as needed
- Initiates modifications of all procedural paperwork related to accounts receivable- encounter forms, billing screens, etc.
- Processes all paper and electronic claims including cash, checks and credit cards for completing the office deposit daily.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management system, EMR and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Attends all regular office mandated meetings
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager
Code of Conduct
- Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner
- Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
- Employee will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete their task
- Gossip and other detrimental complaining is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Normal visual acuity is required to be able to visualize a computer screen for vital patient information for long periods of time and to draw up critical and appropriate medication for administration. Normal hearing is required. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Typical Working Condition
Majority of work is performed in dedicated triage room, but occasional contact with patients or staff outside the triage area may be necessary. Work may be stressful at times. Environment can at times be noisy and busy. Work load can be heavy due to high patient volume. Employee will not be frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Contact: Jalissa Deeley @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Jalissa Deeley
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 828-254-9925
Phone : 828-255-3749