Location: Greenville, South Carolina
RESPONSIBLE TO: Regional Operations Manager & Physicians
Unique opportunity for a candidate to directly manage a large, multi-site medical practice that includes five highly productive providers. Responsible for the operational performance and financial oversight of the medical office. Position requires strong experience with front desk procedures such as patient scheduling, billing, authorizations, coding, medical claims submission and collections. Interact daily with patients while assisting with front desk responsibilities. Ideal candidate is well-organized, able to complete tasks independently, proven success in a fast paced environment and is an effective team leader and communicator. The position also serves as the liaison between local office operations and the corporate office. Annual business travel week is required to the corporate office as well as engagement in periodic teleconferences. This role requires communicating with and training of local staff on corporate policy or operational procedures and changes. Candidate must be available for work during normal practice hours of operation. Compensation commensurate with experience.
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, healthcare administration or extensive medical office experience with the skillset to advance to a leadership position required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three to five years of work experience, with increased responsibility, in a multi-site medical office or related business office.
• Experience in accounts receivable management.
• Experience supervising medical office staff.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of practice management, electronic health records and word processing software.
• Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously.
• Solid understanding of scheduling efficiency and patient flow in a medical practice.
• Experience with bookkeeping and financial management software
• Effective communication required with medical providers, staff, patients, insurance and pharmaceutical industry, corporate office and as ambassador of the practice to the local medical community and hospitals
• A “can-do” / sleeves-up attitude, shows initiative and willingness to adapt to change
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manages all staffing needs—screens all applicants, suggests hiring of non-clinical office staff and conducts performance reviews.
• Recommends staff merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions to physicians.
• Supervises the development and revision of job descriptions and hiring requirements.
• Completes and updates personnel files—ensures required forms are completed.
• Maintains personnel policy manual.
• Submits office staff time and attendance records for payroll processing biweekly—verifies accuracy and completeness of employee time.
• Maintains all vacation and other days off schedules.
• Ensures all posts are filled by trained personnel during vacations and when staff call in sick—fills in when needed.
• Maintains high morale and good relations throughout the office and with the administrative office.
• Holds office staff meetings at least monthly; prepares meeting minutes, and distributes them to staff, physician(s) and Regional Operations Manager.
• Ensures office is opened and closed daily, according to protocol.
• Oversees and distributes work activities and staff schedules.
• Oversees petty cash and change funds—balances and accounts for the money daily.
• Ensures consistent collection of payment at time of service.
• Reviews daily reports and ensures check-out staff accurately completed the daily close.
• Oversees all cash handling—makes the deposit daily.
Accounts Receivable and Financial Management
• Reviews accounts receivable reports monthly; brings large balances and rejection patterns to the attention of physicians.
• Speaks with patients who have large, outstanding balances and attempts to collect on the account or arrange a payment plan.
• Reviews monthly internal financial and management reports with physicians.
• Meets with physicians monthly to discuss financial and other management issues.
• Maintains facilities and all office and clinical equipment, coordinates facilities management tasks, as needed.
• Keeps all physician files up to date: hospital privileges, licensure, managed care plan credentials, malpractice insurance, PHO contracts, and CME.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends annual Practice Management meeting and participates in monthly telephone calls.
This position has supervisory responsibilities which include the leadership of practice staff. The Practice Manager must be available to work during practice hours of operation.
Typical Physical Demands:
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Condition:
Normal office environment. Hours are consistent with normal practice operations with occasional weekend work, as needed.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Brock Matthews
Email : email@example.com
State : South Carolina
City : Greenville
Job ID : 3646