Location: Burke, VA
Allergy Partners of Springfield
POSITION: Patient Services Representative in Burke, VA
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a friendly, customer service oriented medical receptionist to join our single provider practice. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of serving as the first point of contact to our patients and possess great communication skills. Main duties will include registering patients, answering the telephone, preparing the office for the day, scheduling patient appointments, collecting payment at the time of service, and posting charges and payments. Employee will balance all transactions daily according to Allergy Partners policy and procedure. Employee will schedule patient follow-up appointments and facilitate referral requests and test scheduling.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office or customer service position.
- Proven success asking for payment, making change, and balancing a cash drawer.
- Working knowledge of basic managed care terminology and practices.
- Familiarity with scheduling and rearranging appointments effectively.
- Comfortable using email, word processing and interacting with Internet applications.
- Working knowledge of practice management and electronic health record software. GE Centricity is a plus.
- Proven experience handling challenging patients/customers and dealing with conflict in elevated/stressful situations.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously – with accuracy and efficiency.
- Pleasant demeanor. Neat, professional appearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus, not required
- Strong team player
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answers the telephone professionally and pleasantly. Efficiently screens and directs calls and make appointments as necessary.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information from patients and vendors.
- Keeps the patient reception area neat and clean at all times throughout the day.
- Schedules patient appointments
- Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments. Ensures registration forms and other patient paperwork is complete and up to date.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol; indexes insurance and identification documentation into the practice management system as appropriate.
- Check out patients and collect payment from patients at the time of their visit and provide patients with a receipt.
- Ensures proper posting of charges into the practice management system daily as assigned.
- “Closes” the office each day, according to protocol.
- Assists in other front office duties at the request of the Practice Manager.
- Facilitates any physician requests throughout the day.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by Allergy Partners.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
Every 2nd Saturday: 9-12:30pm
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Work is performed in a reception area, and involves frequent contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. The employee must be comfortable dealing with conflicts and asking patients for money. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
Job Type: Full-time
**Salary commensurate to experience.**
Email Practice Manager with updated copy of resume to apply.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 703-323-7457