Location: Burke, VA
Allergy Partners of Springfield
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified Medical Assistant in Burke, VA
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager and Clinical Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a friendly, clinically proficient nurse or medical assistant to join work as a member of a strong team and provide nursing care for the comfort
and wellbeing of patients. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience in utilizing the Nursing Process (Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation) in the
delivery of professional nursing care to the clinic population.
• High school diploma required.
• CMA/RMA from accredited program or ABR-OE required.
• Every LPN, LVN or RN will hold a current, unencumbered license to practice in the state employed or compact state
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one year of work experience in a clinical setting
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices
• Experience communicating and interacting with physicians
• Analytical ability strongly preferred
• Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice management and word processing software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
• Facilitates prescriptions for patients as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code cart and supplies, suction, etc.
• As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs.
Demonstrates good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful listening and good communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop between self, patient and provider in a timely manner.
• Follows standardized assisted documentation workflows as outlined in scribe policies.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Ability to organize requirements for biologics whether via Specialty Pharmacy or Buy and Bill. This includes proper completion of all necessary paper work for ordering, billing, and reimbursement of biologics
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired outcomes.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Participates in professional development activities
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Clinical Coordinator/Practice Manager.
Each RN, LPN, or LVN will work within their scope of practice as outlined by their state board of nursing. The following restrictions apply for all RNs, LPNs/LVNs and may not:
• Dispense medications without a prescription
• Administer medications without a doctor’s order
• Provide any type of patient care unless provider is on site
• Diagnose patients
Every 2nd Saturday: 9-12:30pm
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Position involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required.
Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Employee will have potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Job Type: Full-time
**Salary commensurate to experience.**
Email Clinical Coordinator with updated copy of resume to apply.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Donna Monaco
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 703-323-7457
Phone : 703-323-3930
State : VA
City : Burke
Job ID : 3992