LOCATION: Winchester, VA
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Work as a member of a strong team to provide nursing care for the comfort and
wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the physician.
Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison
between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling
within scope of practice. Provides patient education, especially in regard to pharmaceuticals and
supports the business goals of the practice.
• High School Degree or GED required
• Every LPN, LVN or RN will hold a current, unencumbered license to practice in the state
employed or compact state.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one year of work experience in a clinical setting
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices
• Experience communicating and interacting with physicians
• Analytical ability strongly preferred
• Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice management
and word processing software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for
exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
• Facilitates prescriptions for patients as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart and supplies, suction, etc.
• As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing
approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs. Demonstrates
good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful listening and good
communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop between self, patient and
provider in a timely manner.
• Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within practice.
• Follows standardized assisted documentation workflows as outlined in scribe policies.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Ability to organize requirements for biologics whether via Specialty Pharmacy or Buy and Bill.
This includes proper completion of all necessary paper work for ordering, billing, and
reimbursement of biologics
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established
by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates
to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Participates in professional development activities
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single‐specialty practice in allergy, asthma and immunology. Our network of 61 practice locations spans 20 states and encompasses over 132 total locations of service. We currently employ approximately 132 full‐ and part‐time allergists and immunologists, who are board‐certified or board‐eligible, and over 1105 practice employees. Allergy Partners is the leader in allergy and asthma care. We are committed to providing patients with the highest quality, evidence based, and cost effective care possible.
• Personal Days Off • Paid Holidays • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance • Life Insurance/AD&D • Short / Long Term Disability • Flexible Spending Plans • Retirement Savings • Supplemental Insurance • Vision Insurance
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
State : VA
City : Winchester
Job ID : 3580