LOCATION: Winchester, VA
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY
POSITION: Registered Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse, or Licensed Vocational Nurse
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Work as a member of a strong team to provide nursing care for the comfort and
wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the physician.
Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation), in the delivery
of professional nursing care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies
Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison
between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling
within scope of practice. Provides patient education, especially in regard to pharmaceuticals and
supports the business goals of the practice.
• High School Degree or GED required
• Every LPN, LVN or RN will hold a current, unencumbered license to practice in the state
employed or compact state.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one year of work experience in a clinical setting
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices
• Experience communicating and interacting with physicians
• Analytical ability strongly preferred
• Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice management
and word processing software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for
exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
• Facilitates prescriptions for patients as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart and supplies, suction, etc.
• As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing
approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs. Demonstrates
good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful listening and good
communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop between self, patient and
provider in a timely manner.
• Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within practice.
• Follows standardized assisted documentation workflows as outlined in scribe policies.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Ability to organize requirements for biologics whether via Specialty Pharmacy or Buy and Bill.
This includes proper completion of all necessary paper work for ordering, billing, and
reimbursement of biologics
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established
by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates
to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Participates in professional development activities
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
Each RN, LPN, or LVN will work within their scope of practice as outlined by their state board of
nursing. The following restrictions apply for all RNs, LPNs/LVNs and may not:
• Dispense medications without a prescription
• Administer medications without a doctor’s order
• Provide any type of patient care unless provider is on site
• Diagnose patients
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
coordination. Position involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift
and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee
will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Employee will have potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and
other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Andrea Gooch, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 540-665-0411