LOCATION: Winchester, VA
JOB SUMMARY: Provides professional patient care in the office.
• NP or PA degree required
• Current licensure maintained
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Takes patient history, and records the information in the patients chart.
• Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and treatment.
• Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
• Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
• Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
• Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
• Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician protocols.
• Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
• Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures, and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
• Acts as backup and puts patients in rooms as needed.
• Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and obtains physician signature of approval.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients
• Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents action taken in patient chart.
• Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
• At least two years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
• Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
• Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
• Working knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
• Good communication skills.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single‐specialty practice in allergy, asthma and immunology. Our network of 61 practice locations spans 20 states and encompasses over 132 total locations of service. We currently employ approximately 132 full‐ and part‐time allergists and immunologists, who are board‐certified or board‐eligible, and over 1105 practice employees. Allergy Partners is the leader in allergy and asthma care. We are committed to providing patients with the highest quality, evidence based, and cost effective care possible.
• Personal Days Off • Paid Holidays • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance • Life Insurance/AD&D • Short / Long Term Disability • Flexible Spending Plans • Retirement Savings • Supplemental Insurance • Vision Insurance
EMAIL TO APPLY: email@example.com
Contact : Charlotte Fosque, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 5406629115
State : VA
City : Winchester
Job ID : 3912