Location: Winchester, VA
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY, PA
POSITION: Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
RESPONSIBLE TO: Physicians
JOB SUMMARY: Provides professional patient care in the office.
PA or NP degree required.
• Current licensure maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least two years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
• Ability to make independent decisions about patient care. Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
• Working knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population
• Comfortable using email and interacting’ with Internet applications. Knowledge of practice management, EMR and word processing software.
• Good communication skills.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Takes patient history, and records the information in the patient’s chart.
• Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and treatment.
• Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment
• Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records·progress.
• Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
• Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
• Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician protocols.
• Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
• Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures, and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
• Acts as backup and puts patients in rooms as needed.
• Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and obtains physician signature approval.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients
• Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents action taken in patient chart.
• Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations Conducts educational seminars for patients, employers, and others
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands:
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry [ems weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required.
Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition:
Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Andrea Gooch, Practice Manager
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 540-665-0411