Location: Richmond, VA
Responsible to Practice Manager and Clinical Coordinator
Work as a member of a strong team to provide nursing care for the comfort and wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the physician. Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation), in the delivery of professional nursing care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling within scope of practice. Provides patient education, especially in regard to pharmaceuticals and supports the business goals of the practice.
Specialty Medical practice with offices in Henrico, Mechanicsville, and Midlothian seeks an office based, full and part time LPN who is an organized, enthusiastic team player with a compassion for delivery of the highest quality patient care. It is important to have the ability to multi-task, as we have a fast paced office. Specialty specific training is provided. The ideal candidate will have Allergy and Asthma office based experience. The successful candidate will be committed to serving our patients with professionalism and a smile. Our team is committed to providing top quality care for our patients. Please apply with resume and cover letter if you want to become part of that team, with a commitment to top quality care in a warm, friendly environment.
-High School Diploma or GED required.
-Every LPN must hold a current, unencumbered license to practice in Virginia.
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients
for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.• Facilitates prescriptions for patients as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code cart and supplies, suction, etc.
• As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing
approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs.
Demonstrates good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful
listening and good communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop
between self, patient and provider in a timely manner.
• Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within practice.
• Follows standardized assisted documentation workflows as outlined in scribe policies.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Ability to organize requirements for biologics whether via Specialty Pharmacy or Buy
and Bill. This includes proper completion of all necessary paper work for ordering,
billing, and reimbursement of biologics
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines
established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it
relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Participates in professional development activities
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
• Minimum one year of work experience in a clinical setting.
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
• Experience communicating and interacting with physicians.
• Analytical ability strongly preferred.
• Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice
management and word processing software.
Each RN, LPN, or LVN will work within their scope of practice as outlined by their state board
of nursing. The following restrictions apply for all RNs, LPNs/LVNs and may not:
• Dispense medications without a prescription.
• Administer medications without a doctor’s order.
• Provide any type of patient care unless provider is on site.
• Diagnose patients.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands:
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
coordination. Position involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and
carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will
work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition:
Employee will have potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and
other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single‐specialty practice in allergy, asthma and immunology. Our network of 61 practice locations spans 20 states and encompasses over 132 total locations of service. We currently employ approximately 132 full‐ and part‐time allergists and immunologists, who are board‐certified or board‐eligible, and over 1105 practice employees. Allergy Partners is the leader in allergy and asthma care. We are committed to providing patients with the highest quality, evidence based, and cost effective care possible.
• Personal Days Off • Paid Holidays • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance • Life Insurance/AD&D • Short / Long Term Disability • Flexible Spending Plans • Retirement Savings • Supplemental Insurance • Vision Insurance
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Susan Raber, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Virginia
City : Richmond
Job ID : 3920