Location: Richmond, VA
Responsible to Practice Manager and Clinical Coordinator
Specialty Medical practice with offices in Henrico, Mechanicsville, and Midlothian seeks an office based, full and part time Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant who is an organized, enthusiastic team player with a compassion for delivery of the highest quality patient care. It is important to have the ability to multi-task as we have a fast paced office. Specialty specific training is provided. The ideal candidate will have Allergy and Asthma office based experience. The successful candidate will be committed to serving our patients with professionalism and a smile. Our team is committed to providing top quality care for our patients.
Work as a member of a strong team to provide care for the comfort and wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Assist in the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• CMA/RMA from accredited program or ABR-OE required.
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for
exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.• Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart, etc.
• Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
• Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within the practice.
• Follows standardized protocols and workflows.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Schedules radiology/lab tests for patients per physician/provider direction.
• Makes referrals to other specialist physicians per physician/provider direction.
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines
established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it
relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
• Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all
applicable state and federal laws.
• Reports all incidents accordingly to supervisor, Practice Manager or Compliance Officer as
• Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred. Completion of formal
education will be taken into consideration
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing
• Good communication skills and interaction with physicians.
• Neat, professional appearance.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and
carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee
may work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Condition
Employee may have exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation,
medicinal preparations, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single‐specialty practice in allergy, asthma and immunology. Our network of 61 practice locations spans 20 states and encompasses over 132 total locations of service. We currently employ approximately 132 full‐ and part‐time allergists and immunologists, who are board‐certified or board‐eligible, and over 1105 practice employees. Allergy Partners is the leader in allergy and asthma care. We are committed to providing patients with the highest quality, evidence based, and cost effective care possible.
• Personal Days Off • Paid Holidays • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance • Life Insurance/AD&D • Short / Long Term Disability • Flexible Spending Plans • Retirement Savings • Supplemental Insurance • Vision Insurance
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Susan Raber, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Virginia
City : Richmond
Job ID : 3921