Michael Blumberg, M.D.
Dr. Michael Blumberg has been selected by his peers to be included in the Best Doctors in America 2009-2010 database. It is the 7th year that Dr. Blumberg was chosen for this prestigious award.
Dr. Blumberg is Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology and has been practicing in the Richmond community for over 40 years. He has been on the editorial board of the Journal of Asthma for the past 15 years and recently was invited to serve on the editorial board of the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
The Annals is the official publication of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Dr. Blumberg has published numerous papers and abstracts in the field of allergy. He is active in the community as well, winning several community service awards including the Maimonides and Chesed awards.
Dr. Blumberg graduated from Taft Law School with honors in 2017 and was awarded a Juris Doctor degree.
Dr. Blumberg has also received an external clinical appointment as Clinical Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine.mberg
- Brandeis University, Waltham, MA
- Doctor of Medicine , A.B. Degree Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Post Doctoral Training , New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Center, and Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital
- National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology , University of Colorado Medical Center Fellow
- American Board of Pediatrics , 1975
- Missouri State Allergy Association , 1976
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology , 1978
- Aetna Better Health
- Anthem BCBS
- CareMore Health Plan
- Lifeworks Advantage
- Molina Complete Care - Formerly Magellan
- Optima Health (Sentara)
- Oscar Health
- Partners Direct Health PPO Network
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- Prime Health Services
- Tricare East - Humana Military
- United Health Care
- Virginia Premier
- Virginia Quality Care Partners