LOCATION: Pensacola, FL
POSITION: Medical Assistant/Front Office – Full Time Position
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Allergy Partners is seeking a strong team member to cross function as a Patient Service Representative and clinical medical assistant. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Assist in the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care.
•High school diploma required.
•CMA/RMA from accredited program or ABR-OE required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
•Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred. Completion of formal education will be taken into consideration
•Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
•Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
•Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing software.
•Good communication skills and interaction with physicians.
•Neat, professional appearance.
Clinical Support responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
•Provides assistance to physician when requested.
•Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
•Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
•Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment.
•Performs patient education when appropriate.
•Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
•Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
•Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
•Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart, etc.
•Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
•Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within the practice.
•Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
•Schedules radiology/lab tests for patients per physician/provider direction.
•Makes referrals to other specialist physicians per physician/provider direction.
•Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
•Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired outcomes.
Front Desk responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answers the telephone professionally and efficiently screens and directs calls and make appointments as necessary.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information from patients and vendors.
- Ensures all faxes are cleared off the machine and are distributed throughout the day. For those practices utilizing electronic fax capabilities, ensures that electronic files are routed appropriately.
- Assembles files and maintains integrity of patient charts. Runs reports and prepares patient encounters for the next day.
- Schedules patient appointments: explains to patients which pieces of information they are to bring or complete prior to an appointment, provides a range of potential charges for the visit and the patient’s estimated financial obligation, provides patients several scheduling options, follows approved scheduling guidelines, prepare and send out all appropriate information to patients.
- Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments. Ensures registration forms and other patient paperwork is complete and up to date.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol; indexes insurance and identification documentation into the practice management system as appropriate.
- Check out patients and collect payment from patients at the time of their visit and provides patients with a receipt. Collection should be made on past due balances as well as current dates of service. Arranges for payment plans according to Allergy Partners policy.
- Ensures proper posting of charges into the practice management system daily as assigned.
- Balances daily over-the-counter transactions and reconciles encounters with payment transactions; prepares deposit slip and delivers “daily close” packet to the Manager or central Administration as appropriate.
- “Closes” the office each day, according to protocol.
- Assists in other front office duties at the request of the Practice Manager.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
•Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
•Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
•Attends all regular meetings.
•Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
•Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all applicable state and federal laws.
•Reports all incidents accordingly to supervisor, Practice Manager or Compliance Officer as appropriate.
Supervisory Responsibilities – This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Condition
Employee may have exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email with resume to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Maggie Bond, Practice Manager
Email : email@example.com
State : Florida
City : Pensacola
Job ID : 4017