Hub location: Stillwater, OK
POSITION: Medical Assistant/Part Time 3 days per week/must be available on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Allergy Partners is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to work in our Stillwater office. Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager, Clinical lead, Mid-Level Providers, and Physicians
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibility will be to coordinate patient care with physician/mid-level provider. Secondary responsibilities include assisting physician/mid-level provider with assessment, administering medications pursuant to physician order/mid-level provider order, and assist with administrative duties that further patient care. May work in other clinical areas as needed such as shot clinic, triage after appropriate training. This position also will require traveling to satellite locations.
- High school degree required
- License CMA/RMA certificate required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience in clinical assisting
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Experience/Knowledge would be helpful (not required)of AP required software including Centricity, EMR, Sure Shot, MidMark
- Good communication skills
- Neat and professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patients and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms
- Obtains height and weight
- Obtains vital signs as age appropriate
- Performs spirometry and other breathing tests as requested by the physician/mid-level provider
- Prepares patients for exam or treatment
- Properly administers skin testing as directed by the physician/mid-level provider
- Properly administers intradermal testing as directed by the physician/mid-level provider
- Properly administers additional testing as directed by the physician/mid-level provider and according to clinical protocols
- Administers medications as directed by physician/mid-level provider
- Provides assistance to the physician/mid-level provider when requested
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization
- Maintains clinical supply stock and medication sample
- Performs patient education when appropriate and as directed by the physician/mid-level provide
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s EMR according to meaningful use standards
- Transmits prescriptions as ordered by physician/mid-level provider
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients when requested by physician/mid-level provider
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reactions following receipt of allergy injections
- Maintains emergency equipment including oxygen, nebulizers, and crash cart supplies
- Answers patient-related telephone calls in a manner consistent with following Triage Standard Operating Procedures
- Performs all other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned by the clinical lead, management, and physicians/mid-level providers
- Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required by the practice
- Attends all regular meetings
Code of Conduct
- Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner
- Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
- Employees will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete tasks if needed
- Employees will acknowledge that gossip and other detrimental complaining is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
This position description is not intended as, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position.
Contact : Belinda Jung, Practice Manager
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 580-297-5197
Phone : 580-366-0844