Location: Ocean Township, NJ
Allergy Partners of NJ/Ocean, one of Monmouth County’s premiere asthma & allergy medical group is looking for candidates for a full time Nurse Practitioner position to provide outstanding patient care and perform selective medical services.
Allergy Partners is looking for a board certified Nurse Practitioner, with an active New Jersey license and DEA. NP’s must be capable of seeing children and adults. Full time candidates are given comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, prescription, 401K with company match, 100% malpractice coverage, and CME budget, as well as career mentoring and professional growth opportunities. We are located in the beautiful Central Jersey shore area of Monmouth County.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Master’s degree required. Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program required.
- Experience: One to three years of experience working in a physician practice or urgent care setting preferred. Practical experience a plus. (New and experienced qualified applicants welcome to apply for this position).
- Licensure/certification/registration: Unrestricted APN license in the State of NJ. Advanced Practice Nurse Certification required. Current DEA registration, BLS, ACLS required. Must be board certified in Family Medicine
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
- Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
- Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
- Working knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
- Good communication skills.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clinical Responsibilities
- Takes patient history, and records the information in the patient’s chart.
- Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and treatment.
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
- Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician protocols.
- Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
- Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures, and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
- Acts as backup and puts patients in rooms as needed.
- Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and obtains physician signature of approval.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients
- Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents action taken in patient chart.
- Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
- Attends all regular meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Conducts educational seminars for patients, employers, and others
EMAIL to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Rose Bertini
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org