Location: Ocean/Middletown, New Jersey
Allergy Partners of New Jersey/Ocean
Allergy Partners is seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse to work Full-Time in our office in our Ocean/Middletown, NJ locations.
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Coordinates patient care with physician, assists physician with assessment, gives medication pursuant to physician order and assists with administrative duties that further patient care.
- High school degree required
- LPN License
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience in clinical assisting
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Good communication skills
- Neat, professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clinical Support
- Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician when requested.
- Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
- Calls in prescriptions as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code kit, suction, etc.
- Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
- Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
- Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.Other
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
- Attends all regular meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Rose Bertini
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org