Location: Chantilly, VA
Allergy Partners is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant or LPN to work in our office in Chantilly, VA. Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibility will be to administer allergy injections and other required medications as ordered and as per protocol. Secondary responsibilities include vial maintenance, (ordering, checking in extract, maintaining rosters) responding to outside clinic questions, addressing issues regarding immunotherapy with patients over the phone and addressing these issues with physicians/mid-level providers as needed. May work in other clinical areas as needed such as triage or testing, after appropriate training.
- High school degree required
- LPN License/CMA certificate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least two years of experience in clinical setting preferred
- Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
- Knowledge of AP required software including Centricity, EMR, and Sure Shot
- Good communication skills
- Neat and professional appearance
- Minimum of two years experience in the clinical setting.
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices
- Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice management and word processing software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administers appropriate doses of allergy immunotherapy and other shot clinic medications (such as Xolair, Influenza Vaccine, etc) per AP of WNC policies and procedures
- Performs patient education when appropriate and as directed by our physicians/mid-level providers
- Properly notifies physicians/mid-level providers if there are problems or reactions that need to be addressed
- Monitors patient status after administration of immunotherapy
- If reactions occur, notifies physician/mid-level provider and treats with appropriate medications and vital sign assessment as directed by physician/mid-level provider
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s EMR according to meaningful use standards
- Performs monthly crash cart and oxygen checks and weekly eyewash station maintenance as required by office compliance policies
- Logs daily vial refrigerator temperatures and reports any abnormal fluctuations to management
- Advises clinical coordinator or administrative assistant of any items that need to be reordered including crash cart medications that have been used and medical supplies needed in shot clinic area
- Maintains vial management, including but not limited to:
- Ordering and checking in extract and documenting in EMR and the individual roster spreadsheets for the appropriate clinic in a timely manner
- Approving or denying extract in Sure Shot according to billing requirements
- Contacting patients when extract arrives or forward arrival information to IT retention staff
- Closely monitors extract expirations and updates roster spreadsheets as needed
- Maintains a proper, safe, and clean work environment
- Maintains patient privacy by assisting them to exam room if needed to give injections
- Performs all other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned by the clinical coordinator, management, and physicians/mid-level providers
- Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required by the practice
- Attends all regular office meetings
Code of Conduct
- Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner.
- Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
- Employee will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete their tasks if needed
- Gossip and other detrimental complaining is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Normal visual acuity is required to be able to visualize a computer screen for vital patient information for long periods of time and to draw up critical and appropriate medication for administration. Normal hearing is required. Involves extensive standing and walking is required. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Majority of work is performed in shot clinic area, but occasional administration in exam rooms may be necessary. Work may be stressful at times. Environment will be usually noisy and busy. Work load will be heavy most of time due to high patient volume. Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Dianne LeDuc
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org