JOB SUMMARY: Work with state of the art technology and health care. Work with an expert team that truly cares about their patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care.
- High school diploma required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred.
- Completion of formal education will be taken into consideration.
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing software is a must
- Neat, professional appearance
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Patient Triage
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
- Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment.
- Administers Oral Immunotherapy
- Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart, etc.
- Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
- Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager. Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all applicable state and federal laws.
Contact : Dianne LeDuc RN Allergy Partners of Northern Virginia
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 703 378-5166
Phone : 703 378 5155
State : VA
City : Chantilly
Job ID : 4041