Location: Vienna, Virginia
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF METRO DC – TYSON’S CORNER
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Coordinator, Practice Manager, Mid-Level Providers and Physicians
JOB SUMMARY: Work as a member of a strong team to provide care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Assist in the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care. Work as a rooming team member and/or shot clinic team member. Perform skin testing and spirometry as directed by physician. Administer allergy injections and other required medications. As per protocol, maintain allergy rosters, checking in serum and ordering serum.
- RN or LPN license.
- High School diploma required.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing
- Good communication skills and interaction with physicians.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for
exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician (can be taught on the job).
- Performs spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered (can be taught on the job).
- Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy
- Follows standardized protocols and workflows.
- Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
- Schedules radiology/lab tests for patients per physician/provider direction.
- Makes referrals to other specialist physicians per physician/provider direction.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired
outcomes.Full Benefits Package:Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Life Insurance, Flex Spending, 401k, STD, LTD, Holidays Off, Paid Time Off.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Jane Humbert - Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 7039383900