Location: Laurel, MD & Rockville, MD
JOB SUMMARY: Unique opportunity for a candidate to directly manage a multi-site specialty medical practice. Responsible for the operational performance and financial oversight of the medical office. Position requires hands on experience with front desk procedures such as patient scheduling, billing, authorizations, coding, medical claims submission and collections. Interact daily with patients while assisting with front desk responsibilities. Ideal candidate is well-organized, able to complete tasks independently, proven success in a fast-paced environment and is an effective team leader and communicator. The position also serves as the liaison between local office operations and the corporate office. Annual business travel is required to the corporate office as well as engagement in periodic teleconferences. This role requires communicating with and training local staff on corporate policy or operational procedures and changes. Candidate must be available for work during normal practice hours of operation. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or similar discipline required.
- Extensive multi-discipline healthcare experience may be taken into consideration.
- RN, LPN, or CMA preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of work experience, with increased responsibility, in a medical office or related business office.
- Clinical experience strongly preferred.
- Experience reviewing A/R management.
- Experience supervising medical office staff strongly preferred.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of scheduling efficiency and patient flow in a medical practice.
- Experience with bookkeeping and financial management software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A “can-do” attitude shows initiative and willingness to adopt to change.
- Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages all staffing needs—screens all applicants, suggests hiring of non-clinical office staff and conducts performance reviews.
- Recommends staff merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions to physicians.
- Reviews personnel problems with physicians and Regional Operations Manager. Consult with in-house counsel prior to termination of any employee.
- Supervises the development and revision of job descriptions and hiring requirements.
- Completes and updates personnel files—ensures required forms are completed.
- Maintains personnel policy manual.
- Submits office staff timecards for payroll processing biweekly—verifies accuracy and completeness of employee time.
- Maintains all vacation and other “days off” schedules.
- Ensures all posts are filled by trained personnel during vacations and when staff call in sick—fills in when needed.
- Maintains high morale and good relations throughout the office and with the administrative office.
- Holds office staff meetings at least monthly; prepares meeting minutes, and distributes them to staff, physician(s) and Regional Operations Manager.
- Ensures office is opened and closed daily, according to protocol.
- Oversees and distributes work activities and staff schedules.
- Oversees petty cash and change funds—balances and accounts for the money daily.
- Ensures consistent collection of payment at time of service.
- Reviews daily reports and ensures check-out staff accurately completed the daily close.
- Oversees all cash handling—makes the deposit daily.
Accounts Receivable and Financial Management
- Reviews accounts receivable reports monthly; brings large balances and rejection patterns to the attention of physicians.
- Speaks with patients who have large, outstanding balances and attempts to collect on the account or arrange a payment plan.
- Reviews monthly internal financial and management reports with physicians.
- Meets with physicians monthly to discuss financial and other management issues.
- Maintains facility and all office and clinical equipment.
- Keeps all physician files up to date: hospital privileges, licensure, managed care plan credentials, malpractice insurance, and CME.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
- Attends annual Practice Management meeting and participates in monthly telephone calls.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has supervisory responsibilities which include the management of practice staff.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITION: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single‐specialty practice in allergy, asthma and immunology. Our network of 61 practice locations spans 20 states and encompasses over 132 total locations of service. We currently employ approximately 132 full‐ and part‐time allergists and immunologists, who are board‐certified or board‐eligible, and over 1105 practice employees. Allergy Partners is the leader in allergy and asthma care. We are committed to providing patients with the highest quality, evidence based, and cost-effective care possible. • Personal Days Off • Paid Holidays • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance • Life Insurance/AD&D • Short / Long Term Disability • Flexible Spending Plans • Retirement Savings • Supplemental Insurance • Vision Insurance
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Tim Moore
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Maryland
City : Laurel | Rockville
Job ID : 4145