Location: Laurel, MD
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Patient Services Representative is responsible for processes related to medical accounts within the Central Billing Office. Proactively work assigned accounts to maximize accurate and timely payment from patient. Observe company policies, and all applicable laws. Familiarity with regulations regarding the collection of medical bills and patient balances is essential. Exceptional internal and external customer service skills.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent. Healthcare or related experience required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• One to three years of experience in general office administration and previous collection experience.
• Ability to speak Spanish and previous billing coding experience, a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, and data entry. Familiar with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook as email is an important communication tool.
• Must have ability to communicate professionally and effectively with customers, management, and co-workers.
• Work in a fast-paced office environment, and sit for long periods of time in front of computer while talking on the phone throughout entire workday.
• Ability to handle daily stressful situations due to the nature of the job, as well as work independently and stay focused on task at hand.
• Prioritize, problem solve, and multi-task.
• Work closely with other staff to identify, resolve, and share information regarding patient payment trends and problem areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor collection dollars by Hub to maximize productivity and reduce overall delinquent accounts.
• Make outbound calls and send correspondence to patients in delinquent status.
• Answer/respond to calls and/or correspondence related to patient balances. Analyze and interpret reasons for patient balances from EOB (deductible, co-insurance, co-payment).
• Document all work and calls performed in database system. Recordkeeping of collection and status of accounts. Strong and accurate data entry skills.
• Coordinate patient payment arrangements when possible.
• Record patient payments by phone. Provide receipt upon request.
• Contribute a team effort by accomplishing individual/departmental goals to remain efficient and actively promote Allergy Partners culture.
• Involve Collection Supervisor when additional support is required to perform job duties.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice to protect Central Billing Office operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all meetings as requested including regular staff meetings.
• Attends Medicare and other continuing education courses as requested. Pursue and participate in education to remain current with changes in the Healthcare industry.
• Performs any additional duties as requested by the Director of Central Billing Services and/or Manager or Team Leader/ Supervisor and/or Revenue Cycle Analyst.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Physical demands are moderate with occasional lifting of items weighing approximately 20-30 pounds. Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and vision must be correctable to normal range to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Tierra Strother, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org