Location: Lynchburg, VA
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF LYNCHBURG
POSITION: Patient Services Representative
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager and Physicians
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibility will be customer service — register patients, answer the telephone, prepare the office for the day, schedule patient appointments, collect payment at the time of service, and post charges and payments.
- High school diploma required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office or customer service position.
- Proven success asking for payment, making change, and balancing a cash drawer.
- Working knowledge of basic managed care terminology and practices.
- Familiarity with scheduling and rearranging appointments effectively.
- Comfortable using email, word processing and interacting with Internet applications.
- Working knowledge of practice management and electronic health record software. GE Centricity is a plus.
- Proven experience handling challenging patients/customers and dealing with conflict in elevated/stressful situations.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously – with accuracy and efficiency.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus, not required.
- Medical insurance knowledge preferred.
JOB TYPE: Full time/40 hours per week.
- Answer the telephone professionally and pleasantly. Efficiently screens and directs calls and make appointments as necessary.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information from patients and vendors.
- Maintain office equipment and office supplies in the front office areas.
- Ensures all faxes are cleared off the machine and are distributed throughout the day.
- Assembles files and maintains integrity of patient charts. Runs reports and prepares patient encounters for the next day. Responds to medical records requests as appropriate.
- Schedules patient appointments: explains to patients which pieces of information they are to bring or complete prior to an appointment, provides a range of potential charges for the visit and the patient’s estimated financial obligation, provides patients several scheduling options, follows approved scheduling guidelines, prepares and send out all appropriate information to patients.
- Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments. Ensures registration forms and other patient paperwork is complete and up to date.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol; indexes insurance and identification documentation into the practice management system as appropriate.
- Check out patients and collect payment from patients at the time of their visit and provide patients with a receipt. Collection should be made on past due balances as well as current dates of service. Arranges for payment plans according to Allergy Partners policy.
- Ensures proper posting of charges into the practice management system daily as assigned.
- Balances daily over-the-counter transactions and reconciles encounters with payment transactions; prepares deposit slip and delivers “daily close” packet to the Manager or central Administration as appropriate.
- “Closes” the office each day, according to protocol.
- Determines uncollected balances and collects on these accounts.
- Assists in other front office duties at the request of the Practice Manager.
- Facilitates any physician requests throughout the day.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by Allergy Partners.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a challenging career in the medical field, we are looking for you. Our office has been providing services to Lynchburg and the surrounding area since 2009. Our culture is team oriented and we enjoy a fast pace. Our patients are the number 1 priority and the reason we all enjoy coming to work every day.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Tracy Hall
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 434-385-8190
State : VA
City : Lynchburg
Job ID : 3583