LOCATION: Louisville KY
POSITION: Patient Services Representative
RESPONSIBLE TO : Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: With a customer service orientation—register patients, answer the telephone, prepare the office for the day, and schedule patient appointments, collect payment at the time of service, post charges and payments. Employee will balance all transactions daily according to Allergy Partners policy and procedure, schedule patient follow-up appointments, and facilitate referral requests and test scheduling.
• High school degree required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Up to two years experience in a medical office or customer service position.
• Proven success asking for payment, making change, and balancing a cash drawer.
• Working knowledge of basic managed care terminology and practices.
• Familiarity with scheduling and rearranging appointments effectively.
• Comfortable using email, word processing and interacting with Internet applications.
• Working knowledge of practice management and electronic health record software. GE Centricity knowledge is a plus.
• Proven experience handling patients/customers and dealing with conflict in elevated/stressful situations.
• Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously with accuracy and efficiency.
• Neat, professional appearance.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bi-lingual is a plus, not a requirement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Answers the telephone professionally and pleasantly, and efficiently screen and direct calls and make appointments as necessary.
• Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information from patients and vendors.
• Maintains office equipment and office supplies at front office areas.
• Ensures all faxes are cleared off the machine and distributed throughout the day. For those practices utilizing electronic fax capabilities, ensures that electronic files are routed appropriately.
• Opens, date stamps, and delivers mail daily as assigned.
• Assembles files and maintains integrity of patient charts. Runs reports and prepares patient encounters for the next day. Responds to medical records requests as appropriate.
• Keeps the patient reception area neat and clean at all times throughout the day.
• Schedules patient appointments: explains to patient which pieces of information they are to bring, provides a range of potential charges for the visit and the patient’s financial obligation, provides patients several scheduling options, follows approved scheduling guidelines, prepare and send out all appropriate information to patients.
• Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments. Ensures registration forms and other patient paperwork is complete and up to date.
• Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol; makes a copy of each patient’s insurance card, front and back; indexes insurance and identification documentation into the practice management system as appropriate.
• Check out patients and collect payment from patients at the time of their visit and provides patients with a receipt. Collection should be made on past due balances as well as current dates of service. Arranges for payment plans according to Allergy Partners Policy.
• Ensures proper posting of charges into the practice management system daily as assigned.
• Balances daily over-the-counter transactions and reconciles encounter forms with payment transactions; prepares deposit slip and delivers “daily close” packet to the Manager or central administration as appropriate
• “Closes” the office each day, according to protocol.
• Determines uncollectible balances, refer to Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
• Assists in other front office duties at the request of the Office Manager or Physicians, or as needed.
• Facilitates any physician requests throughout the day
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
• Attends all regular staff meetings
• Assists the clinical staff in contacting emergency services and participates in anaphylaxis drills as required. Helps to monitor patient waiting areas and facilitates proper patient flow.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Work is performed in a reception area, and involves frequent contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. The employee must be comfortable dealing with conflicts and asking patients for money. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
Contact : email@example.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Kentucky
City : Louisville
Job ID : 3901