LOCATION: Greenwood, IN
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Work as a member of a strong team to provide nursing care for the comfort
and wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the physician.
Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation), in the
delivery of professional nursing care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners
policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and
progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and
family teaching/counseling within scope of practice. Provides patient education, especially in
regard to pharmaceuticals and supports the business goals of the practice.
• High School Degree or GED required
• Every LPN, LVN or RN will hold a current, unencumbered license to practice in the state
employed or compact state.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one year of work experience in a clinical setting
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices
• Experience communicating and interacting with physicians
• Analytical ability strongly preferred
• Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice
management and word processing software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients
for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
• Facilitates prescriptions for patients as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code cart and supplies, suction, etc.
• As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing
approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs.
Demonstrates good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful
listening and good communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop
between self, patient and provider in a timely manner.
• Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within practice.
• Follows standardized assisted documentation workflows as outlined in scribe policies.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Ability to organize requirements for biologics whether via Specialty Pharmacy or Buy
and Bill. This includes proper completion of all necessary paper work for ordering,
billing, and reimbursement of biologics
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines
established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it
relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Participates in professional development activities
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
Each RN, LPN, or LVN will work within their scope of practice as outlined by their state board
of nursing. The following restrictions apply for all RNs, LPNs/LVNs and may not:
• Dispense medications without a prescription
• Administer medications without a doctor’s order
• Provide any type of patient care unless provider is on site
• Diagnose patients
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Angie Ray
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 317-865-0056
Phone : 317-865-0055
State : INDIANA
City : Greenwood
Job ID : 4049