ALLERGY PARTNERS, PLLC
POSITION: Medical Billing Office Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the billing responsibilities and operations related to payor reimbursement and patient collections.
Associate degree or certificate in medical billing or related field required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two to three years of experience in medical billing.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Proven success in analyzing accounts receivable reports
- Proven knowledge of CPT and ICD‑10‑CM coding
- Understanding of managed care contractual arrangements
- Integral knowledge of the accounts receivable process
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A “can-do” attitude, shows initiative and willingness to adopt to change
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meets with Management weekly to discuss key issues, overall accounts receivable performance, and opportunities for improvement
- Provides in-service to management and staff regarding insurance requirements
- Maintains knowledge of the operational details of all key positions in the billing department—these include daily deposits, insurance claim processing, insurance claim follow- up, and patient collections
- Seeks and recommends ways to use technology to improve operational efficiency
- Meets with management to discuss difficult claims, analyze accounts receivable reports, days in receivable, and collection statistics by payor; prepares or presents data to management when asked
- Performs daily/monthly billing audits to ensure timely and accurate processing of charge and payment posting within the practice site
- Initiates modifications of all procedural paperwork related to accounts receivable—encounter forms, billing screens, etc.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Attends continuing education courses as requested
- Attends all meetings as requested
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Manager This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Typical Physical Demands Typical Working Conditions
- Normal office environment. Occasional evening work.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Contact : Angie Ray- Practice Manager
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 317-865-0056
Phone : 317-865-0055
State : Indiana
City : Greenwood
Job ID : 4059