Location: Fishers, IN
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF FISHERS
POSITION: Shot Clinic CMA or RMA
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager, Physician
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities will be to administer allergy injections and other required medications as ordered and as per protocol. Secondary responsibilities include vial maintenance, (ordering, checking in extract, maintaining rosters) responding to outside clinic questions, addressing issues regarding immunotherapy with patients over the phone and addressing these issues with physicians as needed.
• CMA/RMA certificate required
• High school diploma required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least two years of experience in clinical setting preferred
• Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
• Good communication skills
• Neat and professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers appropriate doses of allergy immunotherapy and other shot clinic medications (such as Xolair, Influenza Vaccine, etc) per Allergy Partners policies and procedures
• Performs patient education when appropriate and as directed by our physicians/mid-level providers
• Properly notifies physicians if there are problems or reactions that need to be addressed
• Monitors patient status after administration of immunotherapy
• If reactions occur, notifies physician and treats with appropriate medications and vital sign assessment as directed by physician
• As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs. Demonstrates good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful listening and good communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop between self, patient and provider in a timely manner.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s EMR according to meaningful use standards
• Performs monthly crash cart and oxygen checks and weekly eyewash station maintenance as required by office compliance policies
• Logs daily vial refrigerator temperatures and reports any abnormal fluctuations to management
• Advises practice manager of any items that need to be reordered including crash cart medications that have been used and medical supplies needed in shot clinic area
• Ordering and checking in extract and documenting in EMR and the individual roster spreadsheets for the appropriate clinic in a timely manner
• Ordering allergy serum refills in Sure Shot according to billing requirements
• Contacting patients when extract arrives or forward arrival information to IT retention staff
• Closely monitors extract expirations and updates roster spreadsheets as needed
• Maintains a proper, safe, and clean work environment
• Maintains patient privacy by assisting them to exam room if needed to give injections
• Performs all other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned by the management, and physician
• Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
• Maintains detailed knowledge of computer software as it relates to job functions
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required by the practice
• Attends all regular office meetings
Code of Conduct
• Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner.
• Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
• Employee will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete their tasks if needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Normal visual acuity is required to be able to visualize a computer screen for vital patient information for long periods of time and to draw up critical and appropriate medication for administration. Normal hearing is required. Involves extensive standing and walking is required. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Employee will work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Majority of work is performed in shot clinic area, but occasional administration in exam rooms may be necessary. Work may be stressful at times. Environment will be occasionally noisy and busy. Work load will be heavy some of time due to high patient volume. Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Sandy Gomez
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Indiana
City : Fishers
Job ID : 4106