Location: Fayetteville, NC
Allergy Partners, PA is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our three board-certified Allergy and Immunology physician team in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will provide direct care in a very busy outpatient setting. This provider will work autonomously and collaboratively as our Fayetteville office continues to grow.
The ideal candidate will have organizational, communication and critical thinking skills. One to three years of professional experience working as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner is preferred (new graduates with experience in otolaryngology, emergency medicine or critical care will be considered).
Come join an exciting team where quality care meets quality service in treating patients with asthma and allergic disease.
Let Allergy Partners of Fayetteville be the destination for your professional growth.
• PA (AAPA) degree or NP (AANC) degree required.
• Current North Carolina licensure required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• One to three years of experience in a physician office or hospital highly desired.
• Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
• Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
• Working knowledge of managed care basics and experience working with a managed care and government payor population
• Comfortable using email and interacting with internet-based applications.
• Knowledge of practice management and electronic health record software.
• Good communication skills.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Takes patient history and records the information in the patient’s chart.
• Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and treatment.
• Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
• Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
• Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic policies.
• Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
• Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician protocols.
• Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
• Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures, and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
• Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and obtains physician signature of approval.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients.
• Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents action taken in patient chart.
• Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager and physicians.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Conducts educational seminars for patients, employers, and referral sources.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Brock Matthews
Email : email@example.com