Location: Fayetteville, North Carolina
Allergy Partners of Fayetteville, North Carolina
POSITION: Certified Medical Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Work as a member of a strong team to provide care for the comfort and wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Assist in
the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy
Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition,
reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and
reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts
administrative duties that further patient care.
• High school diploma required.
• CMA/RMA from accredited program or ABR-OE required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred. Completion of formal
education will be taken into consideration
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing
• Good communication skills and interaction with physicians.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:Clinical Support
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for
exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy
• Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
• Follows standardized protocols and workflows.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines
established by the practice.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
• Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all
applicable state and federal laws.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and
carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Diane Avriett
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 910-323-4509
Phone : 910-323-3890
State : North Carolina
City : Fayetteville
Job ID : 3945