Location: Fayetteville, NC
Certified Medical Assistant
Allergy Partners is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to work in our practice in Fayetteville, NC. Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities will be to administer allergy injections and other required medications as ordered and as per protocol, perform skin testing and pulmonary function testing, triage patients, refill medications, obtain prior authorizations and any other functions as determined by the practice manager.
• High school degree required
• CMA certificate from accredited program
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 1 year of experience in medical office clinical setting required
• Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
• Good communication skills
• Neat and professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers appropriate doses of allergy immunotherapy and other shot clinic medications
• Performs patient education when appropriate and as directed by our physicians/mid-level providers
• Properly notifies physicians if there are problems or reactions that need to be addressed
• Monitors patient status after administration of immunotherapy
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s EMR according to meaningful use standards
• Advises clinical coordinator or administrative assistant of any items that need to be reordered including crash cart medications that have been used and medical supplies needed in shot clinic area
• Closely monitors extract expirations
• Maintains a proper, safe, and clean work environment
• Maintains patient privacy by assisting them to exam room if needed to give injections
• Performs all other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned by the clinical coordinator, management, and physicians
• Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required by the practice
• Attends all regular office meetings
Code of Conduct
• Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner.
• Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
• Employee will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete their tasks if needed
• Gossip and other detrimental complaining is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Normal visual acuity is required to be able to visualize a computer screen for vital patient information for long periods of time and to draw up critical and appropriate medication for administration. Normal hearing is required. Involves extensive standing and walking is required. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Diane Avriett
Email : email@example.com