Location: Crestview Hills, KY
Part-Time Certified Medical Assistant / Front Desk Associate
Allergy Partners of Greater Cincinnati and Northern KY is seeking a dynamic Certified Medical Assistant with the skill set to help us achieve our goal of providing the best care to our patients and who is also willing to support our front desk staff when needed. This is a part time position to start but could develop into a full time position for the right person. This is a great way to get your foot in the door of a top-notch allergy practice.
Great benefits include competitive pay, health, dental, vision, accruable PDO and 401K retirement plan!
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Medical Assistant: Primary responsibilities will be to triage patients, refill medications, perform skin testing and pulmonary function testing, administer allergy injections and other required medications as ordered and as per protocol, obtain prior authorizations and any other functions as determined by the practice manager.
Front Desk Assistant: Check in and check out of patients, obtain up to date demographic and insurance information, schedule appointments, answer incoming phone calls, document the EMR and route appropriately, place confirmation phone calls for next day’s appointments, verification of benefits, disseminate faxes, take copays and balances on account, balance money for daily deposit, scan documents into patients chart in the EMR and variety of other front office duties as needed.
• High school degree required
• CMA certificate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 1 year of experience in clinical setting preferred
• Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
• Knowledge of AP required software including Centricity, EMR, and Sure Shot is preferred
• Good communication skills a must
• Neat and professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers appropriate doses of allergy immunotherapy and other shot clinic medications (such as Xolair, Influenza Vaccine, etc.) per AP of Greater Cincinnati/N Ky policies and procedures
• Performs patient education when appropriate and as directed by our physicians/mid-level providers
• Properly notifies physicians/mid-level providers if there are problems or reactions that need to be addressed
• Monitors patient status after administration of immunotherapy
• If reactions occur, notifies physician/mid-level provider and treats with appropriate medications and vital sign assessment as directed by physician/mid-level provider
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s EMR according to meaningful use standards
• Performs monthly crash cart and oxygen checks and weekly eyewash station maintenance as required by office compliance policies
• Logs daily vial refrigerator temperatures and reports any abnormal fluctuations to management
• Advises clinical coordinator or administrative assistant of any items that need to be reordered including crash cart medications that have been used and medical supplies needed in shot clinic area
• Maintains vial management, including but not limited to:
• Ordering and checking in extract and documenting in EMR and the individual roster spreadsheets for the appropriate clinic in a timely manner
• Approving or denying extract in Sure Shot according to billing requirements
• Contacting patients when extract arrives or forward arrival information to IT retention staff
• Closely monitors extract expirations and updates roster spreadsheets as needed
• Maintains a proper, safe, and clean work environment
• Maintains patient privacy by assisting them to exam room if needed to give injections
• Performs all other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned by the clinical coordinator, management, and physicians/mid-level providers
• Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required by the practice
• Attends all regular office meetings
Code of Conduct
• Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner.
• Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
• Employee will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete their tasks if needed
• Gossip and other detrimental complaining is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Normal visual acuity is required to be able to visualize a computer screen for vital patient information for long periods of time and to draw up critical and appropriate medication for administration. Normal hearing is required. Involves extensive standing and walking is required. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Employee will work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Chris Jones
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org