Location: Wilmington, NC
Must be able to work in the surrounding areas as well.
POSITION: Clinical Staff Member
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Coordinator, Practice Manager, Physicians
JOB SUMMARY: Work as a member of a strong team to provide care for the comfort and wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Assist in the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care.
- High school diploma/GED
- Certified Medical Assistant
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year experience in a medical practice is preferred. Completion of formal education will be taken into consideration.
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records
- Good communication skills and interaction with physicians
- Neat, professional appearance
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clinical support
- Greets patients and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms
- Prepares patients for exam and treatment, takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician when requested
- Performs skin testing as ordered by physician.
- Performs spirometry and other breathing tests
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment
- Performs patient education when appropriate
- Administers biologic injections
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients
- Monitors patients medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injections
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen crash cart, ect.
- Answers patient related telephone calls and responds according to clinic protocol.
- Schedules radiology/lab tests for patients per physician direction
- Makes referrals to other specialist per provider direction
- Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples
- Completes appropriate documentation in patients EMR
- Maintains patient confidentiality, complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and compliance training as required
- Attends regular office meetings
Typical working conditions
- Majority of work is performed in shot clinic and patient rooms. Work load is heavy due to high patient volume.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Brandi Cunningham
Email : email@example.com