Location: Waynesboro, Virginia
Allergy Partners is seeking a part time RN/LPN to work in our office in Waynesboro, VA. Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Clinical team member that will work directly with patients giving injections, doing intake, performing allergy testing, phlebotomy, breathing assessments, phone triage, and medication management. Will work closely with physicians and other staff members.
Must have BLS certification. Prefer LPN or RN but highly a trained and experienced Certified Medical Assistant in Allergy and Asthma may qualify.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing software.
• Good communication skills and interaction with physicians.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Provides assistance to physician when requested.
• Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
• Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart, etc.
• Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
• Scribe for providers as requested/required by role within the practice.
• Follows standardized protocols and workflows.
• Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
• Schedules radiology/lab tests for patients per physician/provider direction.
• Makes referrals to other specialist physicians per physician/provider direction.
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired outcomes
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
• Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all applicable state and federal laws.
• Reports all incidents accordingly to supervisor, Practice Manager or Compliance Officer as appropriate.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Condition
Employee may have exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Brandi Saxton, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Virginia
City : Waynesboro
Job ID : 4054