Location: Chapel Hill, NC
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF CHAPEL HILL
Allergy Partners is seeking Medical Assistants to work in our practice in Chapel Hill, NC. Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Part time and full time positions available.
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities will be to triage patients, perform skin testing and pulmonary function testing, administer oral immunotherapy as determined by protocol, refill medications, obtain prior authorizations and any other functions as determined by the practice manager.
• High school degree required
• CMA certificate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 3 years of experience in clinical setting preferred
• Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
• Knowledge of AP required software including Centricity, EMR, and Sure Shot
• Good communication skills
• Neat and professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers appropriate doses of allergy immunotherapy per protocol of AP of Chapel Hill
• Performs patient education when appropriate and as directed by our physicians/mid-level providers
• Properly notifies physicians/mid-level providers if there are problems or reactions that need to be addressed
• Monitors patient status after administration of immunotherapy
• If reactions occur, notifies physician/mid-level provider and treats with appropriate medications and vital sign assessment as directed by physician/mid-level provider
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s EMR according to meaningful use standards
• Maintains a proper, safe, and clean work environment
• Maintains patient privacy
• Performs all other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned by the practice manager, clinical coordinator and physicians/mid-level providers
• Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required by the practice
• Attends all regular office meetings
Code of Conduct
• Employees will at all times respond to patients, co-workers, and visitors in a pleasant, helpful, and professional manner.
• Employees will perform their duties in a manner which demonstrates they have pride in Allergy Partners and respect for all patients and each other
• Employee will engender team spirit by offering to help other team members complete their tasks if needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Normal visual acuity is required to be able to visualize a computer screen for vital patient information for long periods of time and to draw up critical and appropriate medication for administration. Normal hearing is required. Involves extensive standing and walking is required. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Pam Williams
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 919-929-9182