Location: Austin, TX
Allergy Partners of Central Texas
Position: Cross trained Medical Assistant
Job Summary: Coordinates patient care with physician, assists physician with assessment, gives medication pursuant to physician order and assists with administrative duties that further patient care.
This is a full-time position with rotating Saturday hours.
- High school degree required
- LPN license or CMA/SNA certificate required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience in clinical assisting
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Good communication skills
- Neat, professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician when requested.
- Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
- Calls in prescriptions as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
- Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
- Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
- Cross trains to work front desk/patient check-in.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
- Attends all regular meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
Typical Working Condition
- Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Kelli Kurachi
Email : email@example.com
State : Texas
City : Austin
Job ID : 4052