LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
POSITION: Practice Manager (medical)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Regional Operations Manager & Physician(s)
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises office operations and clinic staff. Performs limited financial management. Communicates with Physicians and Regional Operations Manager to ensure maintenance of efficient practice site operations.
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or similar discipline required. Extensive multi-discipline healthcare experience may be taken into consideration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three to five years of work experience, with increased responsibility, in a medical office or related business office.
• Experience reviewing A/R management.
• Experience supervising medical office staff strongly preferred.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
• Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously.
• Solid understanding of scheduling efficiency and patient flow in a medical practice.
• Experience with bookkeeping and financial management software
• Excellent communication skills.
• A “can-do” attitude, shows initiative and willingness to adopt to change
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages all staffing needs—screens all applicants, suggests hiring of non-clinical office staff and conducts performance reviews.
• Recommends staff merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions to physicians.
• Reviews personnel problems with physicians and Regional Operations Manager. Consult with in-house counsel prior to termination of any employee.
• Supervises the development and revision of job descriptions and hiring requirements.
• Completes and updates personnel files—ensures required forms are completed.
• Maintains personnel policy manual.
• Submits office staff time cards for payroll processing biweekly—verifies accuracy and completeness of employee time.
• Maintains all vacation and other “days off” schedules.
• Ensures all posts are filled by trained personnel during vacations and when staff call in sick—fills in when needed.
• Maintains high morale and good relations throughout the office and with the administrative office.
• Holds office staff meetings at least monthly; prepares meeting minutes, and distributes them to staff, physician(s) and Regional Operations Manager.
• Ensures office is opened and closed daily, according to protocol.
• Oversees and distributes work activities and staff schedules.
• Oversees petty cash and change funds—balances and accounts for the money daily.
• Ensures consistent collection of payment at time of service.
• Reviews daily reports and ensures check-out staff accurately completed the daily close.
• Oversees all cash handling—makes the deposit daily.
Accounts Receivable and Financial Management
• Reviews accounts receivable reports monthly; brings large balances and rejection patterns to the attention of physicians.
• Speaks with patients who have large, outstanding balances and attempts to collect on the account or arrange a payment plan.
• Reviews monthly internal financial and management reports with physicians.
• Meets with physicians monthly to discuss financial and other management issues.
• Maintains facility and all office and clinical equipment
• Keeps all physician files up to date: hospital privileges, licensure, managed care plan credentials, malpractice insurance, and CME
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends annual Practice Management meeting and participates in monthly telephone calls.
This job has supervisory responsibilities which include the management of practice staff.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Condition
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Email to apply: email@example.com
Contact : Christopher Jones
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org