LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
POSITION: Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
RESPONSIBLE TO: Physicians
JOB SUMMARY: Provides professional patient care in the office.
• PA or NP degree required.
• Current licensure maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least two years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
• Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
• Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
• Working knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
• Good communication skills.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Takes patient history, and records the information in the patient’s chart.
• Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and treatment.
• Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
• Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
• Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
• Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
• Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician protocols.
• Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
• Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures, and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
• Acts as backup and puts patients in rooms as needed.
• Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and obtains physician signature of approval.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients
• Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents action taken in patient chart.
• Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
• Conducts educational seminars for patients, employers, and others
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to bodily fluids on a regular basis.
Typical Working Condition
Employee will have frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : Angela Dunn
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 3179248239
Phone : 3179248297