Location: Indianapolis, IN
ALLERGY PARTNERS, PA Job Description
POSITION: Patient Services Representative/Scheduling Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager
JOB SUMMARY: With a customer service orientation — registers patients, answers all inbound phone calls and distributes as needed to appropriate destinations, returns all voicemails in a timely manner, schedules patient appointments per provider parameters, collects payment at the time of service if required, and post charges and payments when necessary. Employee will balance all transactions daily according to Allergy Partners policy and procedure. Employee will schedule patient follow-up appointments and facilitate referral requests and test scheduling.
- High school diploma required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office or customer service position.
- Proven success asking for payment, making change, and balancing a cash drawer.
- Working knowledge of basic managed care terminology and practices.
- Familiarity with scheduling and arranging appointments effectively to meet the need of the patient and the provider.
- Comfortable using email, word processing and interacting with Internet applications.
- Working knowledge of practice management and electronic health record software. GE Centricity experience is a plus.
- Proven experience handling challenging patients/customers and dealing with conflict in elevated/stressful situations.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously – with accuracy and efficiency.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Positive attitude and customer focused skill set required
- Must be able to evaluate each interaction with a customer on its own merit to ensure the highest level of service for the customer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus, not required
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answers the telephone professionally and pleasantly. Efficiently screens and directs calls and make appointments as necessary.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information from patients and vendors.
- Maintains office equipment and office supplies in the front office areas.
- Ensures all faxes are cleared off the machine and are distributed appropriately throughout the day. For those practices utilizing electronic fax capabilities, ensures that electronic files are routed appropriately.
- Opens, date stamps, and delivers mail daily as assigned.
- Assembles files and maintains integrity of patient charts. Runs reports and prepares patient encounters for the next day. Responds to medical records requests as appropriate.
- Keeps the patient reception area neat and clean at all times throughout the day.
- Schedules patient appointments: explains to patients which pieces of information they are to bring or complete prior to an appointment, provides a range of potential charges for the visit and the patient’s estimated financial obligation, provides patients several scheduling options, follows approved scheduling guidelines, prepares and send out all appropriate information to patients.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established patients, according to protocol; indexes insurance and identification documentation into the practice management system as appropriate.
- Check out patients and collect payment from patients at the time of their visit and provides patients with a receipt. Collection should be made on past due balances as well as current dates of service. Arranges for payment plans according to Allergy Partners policy.
- Ensures proper posting of charges into the practice management system daily as assigned.
- Balances daily over-the-counter transactions and reconciles encounters with payment transactions; prepares deposit slip and delivers “daily close” packet to the Manager or central Administration as appropriate.
- Assists in other front office duties at the request of the Practice Manager.
- Facilitates any physician requests throughout the day.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by Allergy Partners.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management, electronic medical record, and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Assists the clinical staff in contacting emergency services and participates in anaphylaxis drills as required. Helps to monitor patient waiting areas and facilitates proper patient flow.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager
This position description is not intended as, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position.
Email to apply: Ardunn@allergypartners.com
Contact : Angela Dunn
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 3179248239
Phone : 3179248297