Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
ALLERGY PARTNERS OF CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
POSITION: Medical Assistant or LPN
RESPOSIBLE TO: Practice Manager and Physician
Work as a member of a strong team to provide care for the comfort and wellbeing of patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the provider. Assist in the delivery of professional medical care to the clinic population in accordance with Allergy Partners policies and procedures. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling as requested by provider and conducts administrative duties that further patient care.
- High school degree required
- CMA certificate desirable OR current LPN License
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience in clinical assisting
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Good communication skills
- Neat, professional appearance
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician when requested.
- Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record.
- Calls in prescriptions as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
- Performs allergy prick testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code kit, suction, etc.
- Answers patient-related telephone calls and respond according to clinical protocol.
- Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
- Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
- Attends all regular meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful conditions and be exposed to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions
Employee may have exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, needle sticks and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Email to apply; email@example.com
Contact : Chris Jones
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org