Location- Cynthiana, KY
POSITION: Nurse Practitioner
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Manager and Physician(s)
Travel between clinics as needed. Maysville, Flemingsburg and occasionally Florence.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides professional patient care in the office
• NP degree required.
• Current licensure maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
• Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
• Working knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed
care and Medicare population.
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
• Good communication skills.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Takes patient history, and records the information in the patient’s chart.
• Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and
• Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians
concerning appropriate treatment.
• Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and
• Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
• Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
• Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician
• Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
• Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures,
and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
• Acts as backup and puts patients in rooms as needed.
• Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and
obtains physician signature of approval.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures emergency situations are scheduled
appropriately; maintains timely flow of patients.
• Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents
action taken in patient chart.
• Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment
instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines
established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it
relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
• Conducts educational seminars for patients, employers, and others.
Supervisory Responsibilities – This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Contact : Megon Northcutt
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 8592348852
State : KY
City : cynthiana
Job ID : 3922