Location: Maysville, KY and Flemingsburg, KY
Allergy Partners is the nation’s largest single-specialty practice in Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides professional patient care in the office.
Job Type: Full-time, or Part-time
• Medical Office: 2 years (Preferred)
• NP (Required)
• NP degree required.
• Current licensure maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least two years of experience in a physician office or hospital.
• Ability to make independent decisions about patient care.
• Experience diagnosing and treating patients.
• Working knowledge of managed care basics, and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
• Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
• Good communication skills.
• Neat, professional appearance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Takes patient history, and records the information in the patient’s chart.
• Confers with physicians about new patient findings and potential diagnosis and treatment.
• Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
• Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
• Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations.
• Provides diagnosis and treatment services to established patients.
• Prescribes medications, treatments, and immunotherapy in accordance with physician protocols.
• Formulates and updates patient care plans; consults with physicians as needed.
• Performs patient education duties; shows immunotherapy videos, hands out brochures, and directs patients to specific Internet sites for more information.
• Transmits prescription requests to pharmacy; documents action in patient chart and obtains physician signature of approval.
• Returns patient phone messages at designated times throughout the day; documents action taken in patient chart.
• Triages incoming telephone calls; instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction, then documents action taken in patient chart.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and OIG training programs as required.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 859-234-8859
Phone : 859-234-8852