Location: Tucson, AZ
POSITION: Medical Scribe
The Medical Scribe transcribes accurate documentation of the medical chart under the supervision of the medical provider, at the time of the appointment. The Scribe assists the provider by chaperoning them during the patient exam, recording detailed information into the electronic medical record (EMR). The Scribe also performs other medical record tasks and clerical duties to increase provider efficiency, and productivity for improved patient care and experience.
- Accompany the patient room with the physician. During the patient visit, the Scribe is to capture and transcribe medical record information utilizing electronic medical record applications
- Ensuring medical record completion by self-documentation attestation to include: Scribe name, title and doctor working for as well as specific date and time entry
- Enter & update patient history, physical exam, plan of care, and other pertinent health information in the patient record
- Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for final review and approval
- Monitoring the duration of allergy testing and screening procedures
- Compliance with the Health Information Privacy Accountability Act
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve clinic workflow as assigned
Education/Experience: High school diploma required. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred.
Computer Skills: Skilled in utilizing electronic medical record software, word processing documents, and Microsoft Office; minimum of 40 WPM.
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminologies and techniques taught
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events accurately and cogently, in grammatically-correct
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software applications.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly-stressful environment that routinely involves multiple tasking
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with provider, patients, and staff
- Understanding of and commitment to appropriate protection of confidential patient
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand with mobility for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, hold, push, and pull 20 pounds
- Ability to view computer monitors with close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to handwrite legibly
- Position will require work at more than one location during a scheduled work week
Contact : Rachel M. Leos, Practice Manager
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State : Arizona
City : Tucson
Job ID : 3994